The modern advancements in computing technologies have impacted many businesses including book publishing. People can now access online platforms that have various publishing features. One can quickly create trade books, magazines, photo books and novels just by using special templates which also allow customization. Blurb is one of the most reputable sites offering such services. It is a platform where authors, photographers and personal book makers can independently create, publish sell and distribute their material in print or digital form. Here is a brief review of blurb (http://www.blurb.com/).
Features of the site
There are many distinguishing attributes that isolate blurb from the rest of publishing platforms available in the field. Some of these features include the following;
• Simple navigation and interface – The site offers a clear easy-to-follow navigation path. Their pages feature simple layouts and ergonomic design with user friendly interfacing. It is easy to access, navigate and create publications with blurb that with any other platform.
• Independent platform – Blurb is an independent platform that allows all interested people to create and sell their books. They offer minimal regulation and have no restrictions or bias review panels that downplay certain publications. This freedom means you can create whichever book and sell to a large market.
• Resources and guides – Blurb is dedicated to nurturing ideas and authorship talents. They offer a free platform with several learning resources and guides that will help users to quickly begin creating their own books and customizing templates.
• Free layout and applications – The site has various free templates and applications that can be used to create publications. Users can import manuscripts from MS Word or any wording program and publish from Adobe.
• Professional quality – The templates and software produce professional style and quality books, magazines and eBooks that will compete in the market among products from established publishers. There are all ranges of trims, paper and cover options.
Sales and promotion
Blurb offers a platform to create, publish, distribute, promote and sell books, magazines and trade publications. Their InDesign application allows users to print one or more copies on demand or in large volumes as desired. Sales can be made directly through blurb and also using Amazon marketplace. It is also possible to distribute finished products through Ingram which achieves global reach. Moreover, books can be placed on Apple’s iBooks Store or any other digital retail platform and there is a Personal Storefront that connects users to with their networks.
Blurb is indeed a perfect place for beginners and seasoned authors alike. It is free, easy to use and offers various applications as well as training resources. Besides, users can import manuscripts and edit their books accordingly using features therein. What’s more, the site offers a gateway to markets such as Amazon and iBooks Store where they sales can be made.
The popular online photobook review site Matts Photobooks has give top ratings for Blurb.